Written by Kurt Dilsaver
Monday, 01 October 2007 11:26
Basic Document Recording
Cost is $11 for the first page
$5 for each additional page
Documents that transfers title with consideration exceeding $500.00 will be assessed a state documentary fee of 0.01 cent per $100.00.
Documents to be recorded can be dropped off or mailed to:
Sedgwick County Clerk and Recorder
315 Cedar Street, Suite 220
Julesburg, CO 80737
- Documents to be recorded must have minimum margins of 1 inch at the top of the page and at least ½ inch at the left, right and bottom of the page. This applies to all pages of the document. These margins need to be clear of any markings.
- All documents must include an accurate, complete name and address for us to return the original documents to after recording.
- All documents received prior to 1:00 pm will be recorded the same business day. Anything received after 1:00 pm will be recorded prior to 5:00 pm of the next business day.
- Documents needing to be recorded in a certain order must have instructions to that effect included.
- Documents recorded in our office are available to the public and you should avoid the use of social security numbers in documents being recorded.
- We are required by law to record any document that comes into our office. We are not required to check them for mistakes prior to recording.
- Copies of 8 x 11 ½ documents can be purchased from our office for a fee of $0.25 per page. Larger is $2.50 retrieval fee plus cost of copies.
- There is a $1.00 per page fee to fax.
- If certification of a copy is required, there is a $1.00 fee.
theCountyRecorder allows document searches on the web. All that will be seen is the indexing for the document. You will still have to obtain any needed copies from our office.
Click on this link to go to
Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 April 2013 16:37